Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to auto...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deskey

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
I got a question guys. I have XP Professional at work and Win2k Pro at home. I have Outlook 2002 on both computers. I like the feature in Windows XP Pro edition for Outlook that while you're writing/editing text, it auto capitalizes and auto spell-checks and you don't even have to set it in XP Pro. Is there a way to do that with Outlook on Win2k Pro?

This is outlook option, so set it in your outlook by Tools>Options dialog.

Combo,
I went in the options and it's not the same options as Windows XP. In Windows XP when you go to Tools/Options/Spelling you have a AutoCorrect Options tab you can hit. When I go home to my Win2k Outlook, that option isn't there. Is there any kind of way you can put that same option in Win2k? Under the Windows XP AutoCorrect Options is everything I want to do (auto capitalize 1st letter of sentence, capitalize name of days, correct two initial capitals, etc...) I'm wondering if their's a plug-in or add-on that you can add to make Win2k Outlook have that option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In Outlook 2000 (2K), there is the option to compose your e-mails in Word.

Tools -> Options -> Mail Format -> Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages.

Then when you compose e-mail messages in Word, you will have the Word AutoCorrect and Spelling & Grammar features.

DTH?

Jkoontz,
No, that didn't work either, just tried it. When I go in options, I go to mail format and I already have my email messages composed in Word. The next tab shows up at my home PC that's loaded with Win2k, but I don't have the same options under spelling that I do on my work PC that's loaded with Windows XP Pro. I'm wondering if it's something you have to install after the fact because it's doesn't come standard with Win2k, but comes with Windows XP Pro, or so it seems. I'm just the lazy type and would like the auto-spelling as well as the auto capitalization of 1st word in the sentence and the other options that come with auto-correct options.

Dumb question: You have Outlook 2000 on the home machine? Also, you have Word 2000 on the home machine?

Alternately, if you have Word 2000, you could start your e-mail, there, then click the e-mail button (or File -> Send To -> Mail Recipient).

I'm also doing this stuff from work, and I have Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup version, if that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back