Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to address a cluster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpeliam

Programmer
Mar 17, 2000
US
I've been looking over the BEA Cluster documentation, and nothing seems to be working. I can send requests to any single machine in the cluster, but I can't address the cluster itself.

There's no DNS server for our boxes, so we've been making use of the windows HOSTS file for testing purposes. I tried setting the cluster address to "myserver1:7001,myserver2:7001".... and then tried connecting to " and this doesn't work. There's probably something obvious that I'm missing?

Liam Morley
lmorley@wpi.edu
"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

I am not sure which WL server version you are using. I am assuming it to be WL7 and giving here some tips.

- WL recommends the clustered server boxes to be in the same domain (refer - Create two managed servers in two different boxes and make sure their Admin URL to be the same machine where the Admin server will run. Then attache both the managed server to the Cluster server.
- When you deploy the jar/war/ear deploy into the Cluster and not to the Managed server.
- Make sure the Multicast address/port are working fine as WL uses this to synchronise the data. Use the WL's multicast test tool to check this (refer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back