Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Add Tape Log Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

monjul

MIS
Feb 27, 2002
US
Using Arcserve 6.61, I enabled a tape log tab right next to the activity log tab but don't remember how I did it. I'd like to add it on our second BU server. Can anyone please be of assistance? Thanks.

Go to the ARCserve Server Admin, the go to admin-configuration. Select the tape engine service and put the output level to detail. You can choose to have this debug log running screen and file or screen only / file only.

Don't let it run too long, this log generates a huge amount of log data.

regards

What would be the problem when you activate the tape log file and tell it both file and screen or just file and the tab doesn't appear on the job status screen? The activity log tab is missing as well. Any ideas? This is also true for ASO (Arcserve 2000)

Are you doing this remotely???
If so try it from the server.

ck the log directory to see if the logs are there and if they are current.

If they are there then it is a problem with the Manager.
Install the Manager at another system and see if they show up there.

By the way for those of you who don't read faqs there is one in this forum giving the steps to enable the Tape Engine debug.

Imagine the answer was there all the time and we all got to spend some time answering a question that is already answered.

I have enabled tape logs hundreds of times and it always showed up. I run 40 servers with ASO and one day when I went to deal with a job that was stuck on one of the servers, I noticed the activity log tab was missing. I was pcanywhere'd in since this machine was in another state. I do have a remote console installed at my location so when I looked at this server from my console, the activity log tab was there. This wasn't an issue then because the local admin never dealt with backups and since I could see it remotly, we left it alone. Now, for no apparent reason, I had another server do this to me. This time the local admin looks at the logs daily and we wanted to get this fixed. I searched the forums and could not find this anywhere. I had thought that if I could enable the tape log tab, it might cure the activity log tab problem but it has not. Any ideas of which dll might control this or is it controlled by asmgr.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back