Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add DROP ANSWER feature while retrieving a parked call 2

prims7

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2024
US
I manage phone system for a small firm with around 50 employees (30 phone users).
We recently upgraded our Avaya IP406 V2 control unit (with expansion modules IP400 DS 30 V2 + IP400 Analog Trunk 16) from 3.2(54) to 5.0(26) version. We have Avaya 5420D IP phones. After the upgrade we lost the "DROP | ANSWER" feature while retrieving a parked call.
Before the upgrade when a user pickup a parked call it asks a DROP | ANSWER prompt and after choosing to Answer connects the call.
After the upgrade when a user pickup a parked call it directly connects to the call with no prompt.
I know it's not a much useful feature but I need to add this back. Can anyone suggest a way to achieve this? Thank you.

PS: I tried "Park Call", "Call Park" actions and they both couldn't get the prompt back.

park-call-settings_rsqmdd.jpg

I am pretty sure it is the DSS Status under System>Telephony.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

I am pretty sure my answer was wrong on this. There may be a NO_User Source code for this to change it system wide. i just cant seem to find it.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Thanks for checking @kwing112000. Yes, changing DSS status didn't work. I could try setting a NO_User Source code to fix this.

If its a real issue go back to 3.2 unless you had a specific reason for upgrading from a 17-year old release to a 10-year old release.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

That's typical of Avaya, with systems I've been installing since 7.0 and it seems they are always changing the way the Park button works to un-Park a call. With some software releases when you push the Park button once to un-Park the call the CLID of the caller is displayed, the call is not connected. To connect the call you either have to press the Park button a second time or press the Connect soft-key. With some other software releases since 7.0 you can un-Park the call with a single button press of the active Park button.

In the scenario of 2 button presses to un-Park the call you can override this by adding a No User Source Number of - TUI:NO_SINGLE_PARK_INSPECT

I've never worked with anything as old a an IPO 400 as I came from the Nortel world as my handle would suggest.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back