Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add Dialup Adapter in network service setup - WinME

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate901

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
US
I deleted the Dialup Adapter from my Network Setup window and can't figure out how to re-add it in WinME. Help tells you how to delete it if you think it's causing problems but doesn't tell you how to re-install it (sorry-ass Windows help). I figured it could be re-installed using the Add - Service, Protocol, etc. utility in network info window but I was wrong. I also looked in Control Panel 'Add-Remove Software - Windows Setup' and 'Add-Remove Harware' areas but no luck. Then I thought maybe it got added when adding Dialup Service but that didn't work either.
Thanks for your help.

In 'Control-Panel' go to 'Add/Remove Programs', select the tab: 'Windows Setup'.

In the 'Communication' section, select 'Dial-Up Networking'

You might need your WinME CD at this point.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

As I mentioned; I tried adding the Dialup Networking in Windows Setup portion of Add-Remove Programs and it didn't add the Dialup Adpater as I expected it to also. Thanks.

Problem solved. I went into Add-Remove Programs - Windows Setup and selected Dialup Networking and cliked Apply. It asked if I wanted to delete and I said yea. Then I let reboot and wne back in and selected and cliked then Applied and let it re-add and the re-booted. Dialup is in Communication part of the Windows Setup of Add-Remove Programs.

" Dialup is in Communication part of the Windows Setup of Add-Remove Programs."

I believe that is what I posted.... anyway, glad you sorted it out.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back