Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add database account in ARCserve 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbengyen

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
MY
Hi,My WinNT server have 2 Oracle database and has been installed ARCserve 2000.
For Backup Agent installation process, there is a part (Oracle server configuration dialog box appear) for us to configure/add each separate database on the Oracle server to the list that will be displayed in the ARCserve browser. My problem is I just add one database into the list. So now after installed the backup agent, I realized I need to add one more database account into the list.

Question:
How could I re-call that Oracle server configuration dialog box and add one more database account into the list without re-install the backup agent.

Thank you.

Hi,
Just in the server admin, there is an option to specify the database administrator. This work if you are using SQL

That SQL DATABASE are for ARCserve itself one but not for Oracle database that has been installed into server early.
May be I should like this manner. Currently my WinNT server have been installed ARCserve 2000, Oracle Backup Agent, and 2 Oracle database - A & B.
If the database B I want to backup is not in the ARCserve Backup Source screen, what should I do to made it visiable in the ARCserve Backup Source screen (while I can see database A in the ARCserve Backup source screen)?
Thank you.

Hi there

the only way to add other oracle db's to your backup source view is to run the setup again of db agent oracle from the arcserve cd-rom. it will show you the dialog box with the existing oracle db, and you can add another easily.

unfortunately there is no db agent oracle configuration utility which would allow to modify / add oracle db's the agent should see.

maybe there will be one in the next version of arcserve / db agent.

kindest regards,
dave marton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back