Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add data from a second Report to the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.

edvwhi

Instructor
May 28, 2004
DE
Hi,

I am using Impromtu 7.1 and I want to add data from a different report to my first one.

The idea is to lookup the data in the second report via a colum that exists in both reports. Then I want to select a few colums in the second report and display this data in the first one.

I have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help?

Thx

Greg

Hi edvwhi,

You can insert more then one query into a single report.
Therefore,
- create first report as a primary query
- create second report as a subquery (menu insert\subreport) as a form frame (You must initially select some values into this frame)
- depending of the layout of the second report you can insert e.g a list frame into the subreport aera.
- link the queries by the common columns (go into filter definition of subquery and create an appropriate filer, you should be able to use the values from primary query here)
- You can apply some additional filers and prompts to the subquery.

I reckon it is, what you want. Let me know if it works.

Regards,
Seweryn

Hi

Alternatively, you could design a drill-thru. So when the user clicks on a cell, you can drill-thru to the second report.

edvwhi,
Sub-Report shud solve ur problem, I guess.

But still if u want the data from a different IMR, create the second IMR, In the Query Pane, Select HotFile in the Data Source, browse to the directory in which u have saved ur IMR. Ur IMR will get listed on the left side where u wud have seen catalog folders.

Select the reqd cols from that IMR and establish a join between both the reports in the filter tab.

This is another way of acheiving ur reqt.

Prasad
RPrasad1@Chn.Cognizant.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back