Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add an Adobe Photoshop Image (PDF) to a Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarketAn

Technical User
Oct 12, 2000
US
This action seems relatively easy, however, I have followed all of the instructions (help) and I am still getting an Icon on my form instead of the actual image. All of the check boxes and properties are sent to display the content, not the icon, and the form still displays the icon.

Am I spinning my wheels trying to use this type of image, does Adobe not support OLE drag and drop?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

In the design view of your form click the propertie button on your toolbar, select the All tab, find picture and picture type. With picture type you can select embedded or linked. If you embbed it you will be storing the picture in the form (increasing the size of your database and form) if you link it you can have the picture stored somewhere else on the computer or network. for Picture click build [...] and simply select the image file/location. I haven't worked with this much and you might have already found an answer, but if not I hope it helps! It'll definately work with .bitmap and tiff files.

Elizabeth

Thank you for the suggestion, however, I am still doing something wrong. The form continues to return an icon.

Are you still trying to Drag & Drop? We experimented a bit with some FLASH images and those worked- can you give me a better idea of what you're working with. But drag & Drop always gave an icon. How exactly are you trying to do this? What's the filepath for the image, Have you tried to embedd the file?

If you want you can send me the files and I'll see if I can come up with something.

Elizabeth

Hello MarketAn,
I'm trying to display a pdf on an Access form as well and I'm just wondering if you had any luck?

Thanks

Just in case anyone's still wondering, if you don't mind having a huge form, you can use the graphic select tool in Adobe Acrobat and select the entire document (one page at a time, mind you) then paste that into the design view of your form. After that you can change the size mode to stretch and make it the size you want. One caveat, however, the PDF files tend to come out fuzzy if you try to print them from Access. Haven't found a workaround for that one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back