Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add a T-1 and DNIS into G3si?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Aug 21, 2001
US
We have 4 voice T-1's passing DNIS information to our Application Server thru CTI Link. The configuration was set up by our vendor when we got the PBX. Now we need to add one voice T and some DNIS into the G3si. Would appreciate any information on guiding me to add another T-1 and some DNIS into our PBX through DSA.

Display an existing extension that goes to your VRU "display sta {extension}". This will tell you what DS1 board the existing VRU ports use. It will be the first 5 characters of the station location, IE: 01a0512 would be DS1 board location 01a05. Display the DS1 board setting to determine what the framing and coding is on the T1 "display ds1 {board location)". Print or write down what the settings are on the existing DS1 board, framing and encoding are set here. Then use the command "add ds1 {board location}to add the new board. Again make sure you use the same settings as your exisitng T1's you wrote down above. After you have added the board, add the stations using the "add sta {extenison}" command. The station type should match what your exising stations are. I suspect it is DS1FD, however it may be DS1SA, 2500 ...... But who knows!

Hope This Helps

Chris

I forgot to mention, DNIS would be setup as a station on you switch. So if they were sending you DNIS 1234, you would need an extension 1234 to answer the call. If you want multiple calls to be answered then the station would most likely be in a hunt group, and the hunt group number would be the number called. To check if you existing stations are in a hunt group use the command "list usage sta {extension}" and it will tell you what hunt group it is in, if any. What you want the new ports to do could be a further discussion but this should get you started.

Thanks

Chris

Chris, thanks a lot for your helpful input.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back