Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to add a list of items to a contact in ACT 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealarchduke

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2005
US
I'm in need of a method to add a list of items within a contact record in Act! 2005. Specifically, we sell kiosks, and a given contact may purchase more than one kiosk, and each kiosk may be slightly different in terms of features and hardware than the others. I have about 15 variables that I track for each kiosk we sell.

While I have no problem creating a nice layout in Act! to provide me with detail on one kiosk, I'm not sure how I can use this layout to record more than one kiosk purchase. Ideally I would be able to create a custom tab, and on that tab would be a drop-down list of kiosk names, and when you select a given kiosk name, the 15 fields pertaining the kiosk properties would be populated appropriately. You would be able to click on an ADD button to add a new kiosk to the list.

Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this? thanks!

I was running into the same issue as you are. Basically what I did (and im not sure if it was the best way but its working) was to create a customer number field within act and used that to locate my customers rather than the contact field. Then I could have many of the same contacts in the db with different jobs numbers. Create your tab with the custom variables and you should be all set. It would be better to create all this custom stuff under an opportunity but best software only put in 8 custom fields within the opportunity dialog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back