Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to access the local hard disk w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2002
AE
how to access the local hard disk will using terminal services

Do you mean the local hard drive on the machine you ts'd into? Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"Don't take a fence down until you know why it was put up".
Robert Frost (1874 - 1963); U.S. poet.

let me brief u the senario, i hv a remote win2k server, which is running terminal services. N i m carring a laptop which is hving clients for Terminal services, now i m connected 2 terminal services, n from terminal services i want 2 access some files which r lying in my laptop, how can i access those files, is there anyway v can do that ??

He wants to be able to access files stored on his laptop through the server he is TS'd into.

You need the 2000 resource kit. Use Rdpclip.exe in Network Management Tools.

FTD3, thanks for your response, but can u pls. tell me in detail as how & where can i find n use RDPCLIP.exe.

If I understand your question correctly...

When you are logged into a machine via terminal services, map a drive to \\laptop-machine-name\C$

Steve ----------------------------
Steven R. Tuttle
CBE, MCSE, BNCS, DCT, A+
stuttle@yahoo.com
----------------------------

Actually, with the windows 2000 resource kit there is a howto to be able to drag and drop files from the terminal server window and your own machine. No drive mapping is needed. You need to copy soem files to the taret server and replace some files on your own machine. The files and the howto are on the 2000 resource kit cd. The howto is in the Network Management Tools directory. If you have a msdn subsription you probably have the resource kit somewhere, otherwise you would have to but it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back