Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Access PDF sections to Reduce Bandwidth Load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenArcher

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2002
US
I have built a web-based application that (among other things) provides links to PDFs sitting on my server. Some of the PDFs are several hundred pages long, though, so I would like to create customized links that download Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, etc, as well as a link that downloads the entire PDF. Where would I get started to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! I see that these methods allow you to open an entire PDF to a particular page. Is there a way to link from an HTML page to a section of the PDF (e.g. download only pages 11-25 of a 500 page PDF file to your browser)?

I am hoping that there is an API provided by Adobe that allows one to link to, and download, a particular section of a pdf. In Acrobat there is an Extract Pages tool, so they have exposed this functionality to Acrobat. Does anyone know if this is exposed to developers as well? Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back