Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how show yesterday's data only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffey

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
CA
I have a table that shows how much revenue each agent brings in each day.
The agent names are in the first column and the days of the month are labelled across the top in the first row.
Each day the previous day's revenue numbers are entered in the column for that day.
I would like to have a column in a summary report that always shows "yesterday's" revenue figures. My problem is, how does I write a formula that knows what day had the most recent entries. Simply hard referencing Today()-1 won't work because on Monday's it would try to look up Sunday and there would be nothing there. What I really need is a formula that can tell what is the right most column that has been populated and give me that data. Am I making this clear enough? Many thanks.

You've posted in the VBA forum.
For formula issues, please, post here: forum68

thanks, I thought the problem might require a VBA solution as opposed to a formula

what is the right most column that has been populated
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
LastCol = .Columns.Count + .Column - 1
End With

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back