Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How should I structure my table need help I'm building an auto recycling database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyden

Technical User
Sep 6, 2004
Hi all I need help with a table structure. I'm building a database for a friend who has a auto recycling shop now I'm trying to put together a table for a stock list.

So far it is called tbl_stocklist
It has p/key:stock_list_id
Car_number
Vin_number
Car_colour
Body_type
Etc
what I need to know is how do I add the parts that the car has that can be re-used will I have to add each part individually or just a parts field.? As a car has many parts.
this will need to be search able later.

Thanks in advance for your help
regards,
Jesse

There are plenty of people that will chime in and help. There are specific forums for Access forms, reports, modules, and queries. The key is to learn to post clear concise questions without unnecessary information. If the poster spends the time to ask a good question they will get a lot of people to answer. On the other hand you will see people that will drop a thousand lines of code and ask, "why does this not work?". Also you will be amazed to see what the internet can return for code samples. I rarely post a question because I can almost always find a good answer just Googling. When it comes to writing code, I am a book person, and you can find plenty of good Access VBA books. VBA has not changed much so I you do not need Access 2013 books. You can get plenty of "developer handbooks" used for less than $5.00 if you get like 2002-2007. I would not spend more than $8.00. A lot of these type of books were 50-80 dollars originally. Just google for used Access VBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back