Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How should a laptop be prepared for storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillJacobus

Technical User
Jul 22, 2001
US
I bought a new laptop, so I'm going to put my trusty old Toshiba into storage. Are there batteries on the system board that require charging? Or can I just pull the laptop battery out and put the whole thing away? Thanks, -Bill, Houston-TX

hi,
most laptops have a rechargeable battery(bridge battery) inside aside from your regular battery pack, that will allow you to put your laptop in suspend mode while changing battery pack(if you carry extras) without losing any work or stopping any software that was running before you went to suspend mode. so it is a good idea to keep your battery with the laptop and charge your battery at a regular interval. also, if i am not mistaken the bridge battery is being charged by the battery pack and not the ac adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back