Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How setup Firewall??

Status
Not open for further replies.

visko

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
HR
Hi,

We have the problem on IPO like folowing:

We are sending calls to a service provider in croatia. The calls are going trough internet via a service (in this case name 'internet'). Everything works fine except that after call finished IP office doesn’t drop the line / service.

When making a sniff on ServiceProvider's side we can see IP office is sending some traffic to the service provider proxy and the ServiceProvider's proxy returns ICMP – destination unreachable.

Due tue this traffic sent by IP office the 'internet' service will ever drop normally and IP office will be connected all the time to internet.
Is it posible to block lets call it KeepAlive traffic between IP office and Service provider when a call finished?

So I do need the service to drop after call finish and not to go online when there is no VoIP traffic between IP office and ServiceProvider's proxy!
In Nexcom.cfg you will find the folowing setings:
ServiceProvider's proxy IP = 213.202.124.39 defined as VoIP line, whatmore , there is an IP route that tells: All traffic towards 213.202.124.32/27 must go trough service 'internet'
NOTE: avaya.cap was taken with ethereal and doesn’t contain the same traffic captured by sysmonitor….. we captured the date in a different time intervals.

I don`t know how can I make attachment on this site so after your mail I will send you cfg, sysmon and Etheral files.

This sounds like the old netbios problem
The default IPO firewall has custom netrys to drop netbios packets & prevent this problem
I suspect that you have no firewll on your internet connection

you will need to creat a csutom firewall profile that allows all trafic but blocks netbios

also make sure that "incomming trafic keeps link up" is not enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back