Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How run a batch of Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRinTetons

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2001
US
I know next to nothing about Crystal, but I'm willing to dig into it if I can solve this user request:

We've got an enterprise wide application that uses Crystal 8.0 for it's reports. Several groups of users have asked if there's a way to run a batch of the standard reports. I've got the reports, I know the stored procedures used to get the data from MS SQL Server to populate the reports and I know the parms those sp's expect.

Without knowing a darn thing about how Crystal works or might be made to work, is there a way to call a report file with a set of parameters to pass to the data acquisition statements? From a batch file? From VB? From some other environment?

Pointers in useful directions appreciated. Lift tickets available to proposers of workable methods :).

Richard Ray
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort

Check out the many options on Ken Hamady's site:

Crystal Passage is free and open source, but requires a Developer copy of CR9. Being open source though, if you've got a Dev copy of CR8, you could probably tweak it yourself.

-dave

You can do it using various means.

Crystal Enterprise (expensive Crystal companion product)

3rd party products as Dave referenced above.

Write code, such as VB.

The quickest and least expensive (providing you value coding time) woul dbe 3rd party as Dave suggested, of them I typically suggest Ido's offering:

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back