Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How rto duplicate Disks A1 and B1 on R18....

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyf

Vendor
Dec 1, 2004
CZ
Hello,

one of our customers has Option 51 R18 and he wants to make a backup copy of the floppy Disks A1 and B1 because all spares stopped working already.

Don't you know what SW can be used to copy these 2.88MB floppies?

Thanks,

RF

i've never found a way to format a disk for the older rls software, we used to need to order spares from nortel. around rls 20 i started using dos formatted disk

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We duplicated several disks successfully in the past. Since it is very long I do not remember a SW we used for it.

It has to be somehow possible. May be somebody else has succeeded!

RF

Going way back here but we use to format the 5" floppys using a STARTALK C Voice Mail. There is a menu choice that allows you to format disk. The reason I say this is the NAM has 3 1/4" Disk Drive and maybe they have the same menu. If I find out anything else I'll post it.

4 mega bit disk were used up to release 23. the only place we were able to acquire them was from notel

There are two ways to do this. The best way is to obtain a 4 Meg floppy disk drive. It's not easy to get one these day's, but my company have had a couple for many years now.
We have them attached to a old Pentium running Windows 3.1 & the other one is on a very old 286 processor with "DOS". They may be old, but it does the job. Both p.c's have the "good old" Norton Utilities Version "8" software on them.
The floppy disk image copy function is used to copy the 1.44 or 2.88 floppy's. I think that it may also be possible to image a 4 Meg floppy disk via a standard 1.44 floppy disk by using the Norton Utilities DOS V8, because the program will image the disk & not be interested in the format that Nortel had used.
Because the Utilities software V8 is old, It's not suitable on anything other than being run in DOS!.
I hope this can be of some help.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back