Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how removing key code from bcm50

Status
Not open for further replies.

datamobile

Technical User
Nov 28, 2010
CA
hi every one!

i got bcm50 with expend module GATM4,key code card, with keycode installed on it, I want remove it, for futur using on other bcm50 ,

i don t know exactely how key code work really ,
but i imaging that i can remove on one bcm et reinstall key code on other one? possible....

thank a lot

Yvan B From Montreal

That can't be done. Keycodes are generated to a specific system ID and remain there for the life of the unit. You can regenerate those keycodes to be used on a replacement system if failure occurs, but you can't remove certain keycodes from one system and move them to another system. It's all or nothing, and once you regenerate keycodes you have to ship the original unit back to Avaya, unless you want a bill for all keycodes on the original system.

thank Mr Biv343

on the other hand, i wonder if is it ok to sold expended unit GATM4 with key code card,

the new buyer will be able to activate keycode ? ?

pls give me your advise

Yvan B

If that's a BCM50, the modules that install into the expansion cabinets are licensed via licenses for expansions. You will see them listed as expansion licenses.

You can certainly sell the cabinet and module anytime you want but you can't sell the expansion license. If you want to remove the hardware from the system, just go into Resources and set expansion resources to none.

Whomever buys your hardware would have to buy their own expansion license from Avaya to make it work (assuming it was going into a 50).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back