Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Prevent ALOHA do EOD 2 times a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdhafiz

Technical User
Aug 3, 2021
MY
How Prevent ALOHA do EOD 2 times a day

Our store Manager triggers the EOD manually, we did not use auto EOD.

so we have the issue manager press the EOD button twice, where they forget either already do EOD or not.

is there any option to prevent EOD from running after the manager has already done the EOD?

Example:
at 10 pm press the EOD button, then at 10.15 pm the manager press the button EOD again.

There is not an option to reverse Force EOD. The best you can do, is reset the date in NEWDATA\Aloha.ini file. Refresh data and delete the empty sales dated folders. Failure to delete dated folders will result in EOD not running until System date exceeds DOB

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

There is a store setting to prevent the DOB from exceeding the system date. This will prevent them running EOD multiple times.

CFC - Its under Store > Store Settings > System. Look Under End Of Day - "prevent business date from exceeding system date"
NAM - I'd assume teh same as CFC, but not sure.
Aloha MGR - Look in your aloha.ini under new data - DOBNOTEXCEED=TRUE

I always recommend Auto EOD, even if its at like 4am, to prevent stuff like this. Most large (over 100 locations) i've worked for required Auto EOD.

Menulinkman, I did not even think about the not exceed setting. Great idea. Even my 24 hour operations have auto EOD. Way to much room for errors when you let staff chose EOD each day

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back