Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How much room does 2Kserver take up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckey22

Instructor
Nov 18, 2003
US
I have a boot drive 'C'of 4GB and it is showing full. I only have Win2K server SP4 and all patches and ISA server on this drive. All other items are on drive D. Any idea of what could be filling up drive?

Dave

If ISA is on the C drive, check how much space you have allocate for web caching? Also are the page files on this drive, try moving them to the d drive.

Did you archive the old files when installing sp4 as i did this on a laptop and ran out of disk space. If the PC is just a network client i would recomend not archiving the old files as if anything went wrong it's probably just as easy to reinstall from an image as it is to roll back to sp3.

you can defrag, disk clean, remove temp files etc....

regards

Jaydeebe BSC (hons) MCP

If this machine has blue screened in the past, you might have a memory dump file equivelent to your memory size.

Check the system32 directory for a large file ie. sort by file size.

Chris

Chris Styles

NT4/2000 MCSE

It may be worth looking at the ISA logs that you are generating as well - they can be quite large depending on your internet usage. Usual location c:\program files\microsoft isa server\isalogs.

I only keep 5 days worth and the directory is over 300MB.

Thanks, it looks like the C drive needs more room. What I need to do is get ISA off that server and on to a different one.

Dave

ISA SERVER is the new version of MS Proxy Server. I use it to disallow internet access for students. I have learned that you I should Not have put it on the Domain controller.

Never saw a stupid question.
Dave

Hi buckey,
if all the other options fail, you didn't get the necessary space on your boot partition, won't relocate the ISA Server, and maybe have some space left one one of your other partitions - try a 3rd party program (f.x. Power Quest Volume Manager) to resize the partitions.
That would be the fastest and most uncomplicate method to solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back