Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How much do Unity Ports cost? Port Ratios... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCardMan

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2002
US

Does anyone know how much the list price is for additional Unity4.0 ports? How do they come bundles? Are they sold individually, in groups of 4/8/10 etc.?

What is your typical user to ports ratio?

Thanks

hi

i do not know about the cost, but the ratio for user to port is 20:1.
i hope that will help

I think the ratio is a subjective matter, it depends on users in your organization, how much time they spend by the phone, what other communication mediums are available, etc. Personally I have a 24:1 ratio but based on the usage I saw, it could easily be 30:1 with room to breathe.

Agreed it is very subjective based on type of phone usage. I just wanted to see what the average would be. I was at places where it was almost 8:1, super heavy usage. I currently have 32 ports supporting a variety of user types across multiple locations. 500 users in all. Going to add about another 200 users and I havent been able to get any easy clear port statistics showing me max ports used over a period of time.

Unity has a nice tool called "Port Usage Analyzer" which does exactly that. It has graphs of max port usage throughout a day, and you can also export the data to .csv files and then graph your own chart.

Thanks Bach06, I will look for this. This is not part of the standard reports found on the admin page? Or is it something I can get from I am assuming I can find it there, I'm going now.....THANKS.

I found the tool. Wondering if anyone can help if you have used this before. I loaded it locally on my laptop, It says it is looking for ".log" files in the Commserver/logs folder. All I see there are .txt files. So I copied all those files fromthe Unity Server and put them on my desktop and pointed the program to that folder. I get to choose the day/date I want but then when I click LOAD I get continous errors and I can't stop them. No report. This is what I get:

Error in Cleardatabases: could not delete from specified tables.

Click OK and it and comes back a few times.
Then I see activity in the progress bar quickly.

Then:

Error in ParseLogFile routine:Cannot update. Database or object is read only. Number=-2147217911.

Click OK
Then:

Error in ParseLogFile routine: Either BOF or EOF is true, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. Number=3021

And I can click on this FOREVER. Keep comming back. I have to go to task manager to close program.

Any thoughts?

I also get this every time I initially laund the tool:

Error in form load routine: Could not delete from specified tables.

The way this app is scripted it may not run properly on your laptop; I have it running on the Unity server itself and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back