Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How much do i have to ask for a web site? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandrey

Technical User
Apr 28, 2005
CO
Hello, i want to know how much money should i ask for this:

1- Domain
2- emails
3- Full Web site design
4- Database Design
5- Maintenance.

I know that every case is different but i need to stablish this in order to collect for.
Thanks in advance for the help and info that you can bring me.

Domain - you can usually buy this for $10.
Email - that should come with the web host.
Web design - all depends, I can find someone to do it for $100 - $10,000. Will it be flash as well? Do you also need to write the server side code to read from the database?

Maintenance - charge by the hour. If you charge $100 per hour, then charge that in 15 minute increments. Maybe allow them to buy 5 hours at $400

Price depends on who ur client is, if you are a 1 man shop.
Mid/Large client, fullprice as given below.
Small client - 25% off
Non-Profit - upto 30% (with proper documentation proving non-profit status).

I can give u my charges as an example
1- Domain - $15.00/yr (u can get domains for maybe $1.00 but I got with a decent company)
2- Hosting - $50 - 100 (Emails come - free)
3- Full Web site design - $40/hr for website coding asp/no db, with DB - $65/hr, minimum 10 hours development. Includes basic graphics - like buttons, background.
Logos/Flash - $45/hr extra. Minimum 2 hours
5- Maintenance - Basic package - 2 hours/month, $100, Silver - 6 hours/month, $250, Gold - 10 hours/month, $400.

Main thing is have a detailed contract/agreement, providing all ur rules and other particulars.

Let me know if you need copy of my agreement as a template.

Goodluck...

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

I would like a copy. I think I just lost a job because I did not have a detail contract. I have one typed and ready to go, But I would be interested in what you have, Just to compare. Thanks again.

Hi nissan240zx
May I have a copy sample of the contract.
Thanks a lot
email: binhdangpham@gmail.com

The costs associated with the project are also big drivers. Most companies in long-term business position like to keep their gross profit margin above 30%.

Determine your cost. Sell price will be the cost divided by 1 minus the gross margin.

32% example: $250 cost: 250/(1-.32)=$367.65

Regards
Peter Buitenhek
ProfitDeveloper.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back