Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many T1's can be on Option 11 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewarlock

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
How many T1's can I put in an Option 11 and do they need to be in the 1st cabinet?

It's Rls 25.40B with 3 T1's in the 1st cab.

i have installed 5 pri's in a 4 cad 11, i am under the impression that you can use the slots in cab 1 for t1/pri and no more, nortel changes prams on the hour so don't swear to it until you confirm...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

So I can put a 4th T1 in the 1st cab only?

Thanks John

that was the rule at one time and the one i have always lived by

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

on 25.40B
you can have upto 9 T1s all in the main cabinet only

when you have IP expansion each cabinet can have 9 T1s thats a total of 45 (each IP Exp cabinet has an SSC)

the only ip expansion i installed was restricted to pri's in the maun only, glad to see that changed. or i was lead to beleive all the pri's had to be in one place.. if you have a pri on the ip would you also need a trunk card for mus for that cab?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks everyone, I need to move a MWLC to another cab so I can put the new T1 in.

that's pretty common, i have just moved the cable, instead of the jumpers but that's your call, you still need to mov the sets in software

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We just ordered an Option 11 configured by Nortel with 5 PRi's in the first cabinet, so there are at least that many now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back