Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many SIP trunk ports can a support per c-lan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibsonic

MIS
May 9, 2001
US
So I am increasingly building out SIP trunks. The latest have 250 members per sip trunk group. Each trunk group has it's own signaling group. Each signaling group has it own's dedicated c-lan...for now.

thus the question, how many sip trunks and sip trunk ports can a single c-lan support? I like having multiple c-lans multiple cabinets per customer to diversify and provide fault tolerance, however TG1 from partners A, B, C, and D could fit on 1 c-lan, TG2 from the same partners on a different c-lan, and repeate pattern. So even if 1 c-lan or cabinet fails, the others in different cabinets take the load.

when i do a 'stat socket' i don't see socket usage incrimenting with trunk utilization or configuration. So how then do I gauge c-lan capacity for this? just raw bandwidth? 100Mbps / 64kbps ? (we are using all G.711 codec)

thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back