Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how many rpm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam2222

Technical User
Jun 8, 2005
MX
Hi, im not an experimiented user, however i just bought a laptop and i want to know at how many rpm does it work, how can i found out this? Thanks for the help

it is most likely a 5400 rpm drive, however if you state brand name and model, we can track it down for sure.

Thanks, however that may be a little difficult, im form mexico, its a gateway 200arc, centrino, pentium m 1.7ghz, 512 ram, 8 mb video , 80 gb hard drive. Thanks

Thanks, i found the model in the device manager is IC25N080ATMR04-0 and with the page you gave me i found out is the 4200 rpm, i hoped it would be the 5400, Thanks for the help.

your welcome. as a side-note, i was shocked and pleased to hear that dell is offering some 7200 and 10000 rpm hard drives in their latest notebooks. talk about fast! its too bad your restricted to 4200. i would try and buy a 5400 rpm drive and upgrade if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back