Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many ports does a BCM 3.0 come with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr1000

Vendor
Aug 4, 2003
US
How many ports does a BCM 3.0 come with?
Also, where in programing does it show how many callpilot ports are active.

the voicemail is an application on the windows server.

all that matters is the number of mailbox licenses you have

Senk1s is correct. The Call Pilot is built into the BCM. All you need to do is purchase keycodes for the amout of mailboxes you wish to apply..

I think gsxr1000 is looking for ports, not mailboxes. I believe default is 8 voice channels, but not 100% sure until I can research more.

MarvO said it

marv01,
Yes, Voice channels (ports), how many people can be in the BCM callpilot at once.

Any info on this would be great!

I can't find anything in the documentation that came with the bcm, on how many ports the VM has. Or anywhere in programing, as to how many ports it has.
I did notice in the reports for port usage and it shows the activity of 6 ports, but I think it has more.

Thanks curlycord!
where exactly did you find this info? In progamming or in the documentation? I want to show my cust. this.

I found a bit more on it in my training materials.
It all depends on what all DSP applications you are running on your PEC cards.
You have to divide them up between the different applications you are running. Voice Mail/Call Center, FAX, ISDN Dialup
Your VOIP channels also use up DSP resources from your total number, so it just depends on what all you are runing. I will still try to find a good reference for you in the actual documentation when I get my CD drive working again.

MarvO said it

Not sure where docs are, this was off the top of my head remebering back when they first came out with BCM but MarvO said it!

Curly, I don't seem to have a top on my head. I'm in that CRS mode most of the time.
gsrx1000, I'm still trying to find you a good reference for your question.

MarvO said it

The BCM defaults to 6 channels of voice mail active. You can expand it to 16 but it does use the same resources as VOIP, fax messaging, etc.. I would have to have one in front of me to say how to change it though.

That makes sense teekow. Thanks!
In the reports area of the callpilot under port usage I do see the activity of 6 ports, but, I can't find where to change this to 16, or any other # for that matter.
Someone please lead me in the right direction on how to change the VM ports!

I found where to change the active vm ports. It comes default with 6 ports active and you can change it to a max of 16. I was told by nortel not to max it to 16, that they are seeing troubles when maxed. they recomended to me no more than 12.
It's changed under: resources, msc config, change custom 1 to what you want (there are 3 custom settings), set active (change from default to custom 1), then reboot.

Thanks for the update. That was a hard one to find.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back