Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many mailboxes are on a server? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

utzu

MIS
Dec 5, 2002
US
Anybody knows how one can retrieve the no. of mailboxes on a server using a command line tool or some registry query maybe?

Thanks,
Utzu

I may be corrected on this, or there may be an easier way but...
Using Exchange Admin, Expand the server you want the information on and highlight "Server Recipients". In the Lower left hand corner of the window, there should be something that reads "12345 Recipients". Then under the "View" menu, click hidden recipients, and the number should change to "1234 Hidden Recipiants". Add the numbers togeather and there's your information. You can subtract one for the free/busy if you want to.

I apologize, I misunderstood. I'm not too familiar with the command line prompts.

Thank you for your reply. However, I am aware of the Exchange Admin thingie..;-)
What I want to do actually is get the numbers of mailboxes from all the servers in the site/organization using a batch file or something.

Do a Directory Export of the GAL, you can choose only mailboxes if required and can include hidden recipients if needs be. The CSV will show how many mailboxes in the Organisation.

Regards
jpaf

I need to do it by server, in an unattended fashion. Script/batch like.

Don't know about unattended but if you do the whole GAL from one server, you can then SORT\FILTER by server name.

Regards
jpaf

You can do command line Exports with Admin.exe and switches. Admin /E filename.csv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back