Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many IP stations on a IP403 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dialtoneuk

Technical User
May 4, 2001
US
What is the maximum number of VOIP stations you can have on a IP403?
The documentation said the compression module can support 20 similtaneous VOIP conversations but it didn't say what the limit is on the number of IP stations.

D. [neutral]

Analog/Digital/IP Extension Combinations
IP-403 (100)
Ip-406 (190)
IP-412 (360)

Greets Peter

Actually big70, according to the IP Office matrix they released, you can only have 90 IP on the 403, 180 IP on the 406 and 360 IP on the 412. That's for the IP stations only. You are correct that as a combination of those station types though (analog/digital/IP).

I know the difference is small, but just something I noticed. I use the IPO Matrix a lot for reference and have it on my website at if interested. This is an Avaya document.

bwilch, your right, funny thing is i copy pasted it from the ipomatrix but nog good enough hihi.

IP403 IP406 IP412
Maximum All Analog Extensions 92 182 360
Maximum All Digital Extensions 98 188 360
Maximum All IP Extensions 90 180 360
Analog/Digital/IP Combinations 100 190 360

Greets Peter

It is not as easy as that, all depend also on the size of the config.
With 190 Digital stations each having three appearance keys and a total of 16 DSS keys, one shortcode per user (divert), one PRI, 200 incoming call routes, 10 groups with a total of 190 members, 1000 entries in the phonebook, 50 system shortcodes, one RAS, timeprofiles, user restrictions, LCR and everything else wich is common for each customer then the config becomes to big to fit in a 403.
As an best safe solution i would advise:
Max 32 on a Small Office
Max 100 on a 403 and 406V1
Max 250 on a 406V2
Max 360 on a 412

Interesting point intrigrant, I wouldn't have thought of the config file creating a problem. Probably because I've not run into that as a problem as of yet (knocks on wood).

Tell the sales guys! They only look at the max extensions and think there is no further limit.
I've seen resellers having to give away a bigger IPO just because of that ( and they thought they had bugs )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back