Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how many instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2d

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
NL
How many instances can Internet Explorer handle?

I know that Java Applets and opening a new window etc, all have there own instance. I have read somewhere that it depends on the browser and operating system you are using. I have tried to find information about it, but I can't find it anywhere...

So, maybe you know where I can find this information?

I know that Java Applets and opening a new window etc, all have there own instance.

I have read somewhere that the number of instances you can handle depends on the browser and operating system you are using. I have tried to find information about it, but I can't find it anywhere...

So, maybe you know where I can find this information?

I am sorry b2d I have no idea....

but you can try opening as many browsers as your system can handle until it crashes ....then you'll know how many instances your system handles ... LOL kidding

ChouCh

Actually... I've already tried that! :)

It's not a constant number before the whole thing crashes, so... but I'll try to find the answer somewhere!

B2d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back