Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many concurrent users will Access cope with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilliams

Programmer
Aug 23, 2000
BM
Hello,

I have inherited an application built in VB6 on an Access97 database which constantly produces Error 3343, Unrecognised database format (which I can correct each time by repairing the database). I have a feeling that the corruption is due to access not being able to cope with 14 concurrent users (all writing to the database - on different records). Can anyone clarify this position??
TIA,
Simon
Simon

Any chance you can upgrade the Access to 2000? If all the stations have 2000 and you don't have 97 installed that's most likely your problem. You should be able to convert it on its own and probably only have to add references (Access VB Tools-References) to MS DAO 3.6 Object Library and anything else that shows up as missing i.e MS Access 8.0 Object Library becomes 9.0 in 2000. Check your existing references first, convert the Db and see what's cooking. Priority (the libraries order) is quite important too. Gord
ghubbell@total.net

2000P has a BIG problem with corrupting databases. I know this to be true through testing on our network and through feedback I've gotten from this and other forums. We have reverted back to NT 4.0 on both our workstations that had Win2k on them. The amount of corruption that we have has reduced DRAMATICALLY!!! Mike Rohde
rohdem@marshallengines.com

Read this thread

thread181-67425 Mike Rohde
rohdem@marshallengines.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back