Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many attempts at CCNA before passing? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBongo

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
GB
Hello

I've now failed the CCNA 640-801 exam twice! Not
sure I want to do it again. I just don't understand
how I could fail, I know my stuff, I've spent a lot of time
studying and doing hands-on labs, and generally getting 90-95% in practice exams. Just don't know what I could be doing wrong.

Anyone esle out there that took more than 2 attempts to get the CCNA. Just wondering if I should give up now. Fortunately it isn't a requirement at work, and Cisco related work isn't my primary role, but still, nice to have it.

thanks

DrBongo

Just passed yesterday on my first try, BARELY! The test was no joke. Here is what I used to study:

- Cisco FastPass CCNA book by Sybex
- Cisco press INTRO and ICND
- Testkings v106
- 1 2691 ROuter, 1 1841 ROuter, 1 831 Router, 1 2950 Switch, 1 2960 switch

Having the actual equipment was by far the most helpful. If you are serious about getting your CCNA, you have to get your hands on some equipment.

The exam was one simulation on access lists, a lot of routing protocols, some detailed frame relay questions, subnetting, and vtp.

I got a lot of help reading these forums too, so now I will return the favor and help out anyway I can.

Congratulations!!

Thanks for this reply, I think investing in some kit is a really good idea, the Boson Sim is good to a point...

DrBongo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back