Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many ARS entries can I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosgrove

Vendor
Feb 10, 2004
US
I need to know what is the maximum amount of ARS patterns I can have? IP500v2 R6.1.
Thanks in advance.

How many do you need?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

150 is the limit that I ran into last I tried.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Here's the scenario: Customer has SIP trunks with DIDs from many, many, many different area codes from across the US. They want to be able to tag an outbound call with the local number they own based on the area code they are dialing. For example, if they were to dial [9]1-717-xxx-xxxx, based on the 1st few digits they dial, it would route to a matching ARS pattern and tag with the appropriate outpulsed caller ID (NSI717xxxxxxx). The other question is if this can be accomplished with SIP trunks or do I need PRI/ISDN to manipulate CID with ARS? Hope this helps...

Ha ha ha Kyle, why so many?
I would not like to see that many ARS entries to be honest :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have a customer that has a metro calling scope one a PRI at one of their locations and wanted to send certain prefixes in certain area codes to that PRI. So because of the limit I created a different ARS table for each area code and then populated the prefixes that were included. It was a nightmare and took me days to get done, and you better believe I have it backed up but it works just fine.

you don't need multiple ARS routes to accomplish this the cli can be set in the short-code & will remain unless the ARS overrides it/

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back