Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How long to create a real estate website/crm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello,

I'm not a full time programmer really, I'm on MIS field so working as support and programming in programming I just do some modification and some updates of a existing code honestly on pressure/timeline required.

But I move to another company same as MIS but this time they asking me to do a real estate website. I can do it but I think it takes time for me to do it and I cannot provide any timeline because this is my first time to do a whole web alone.

Thank You :)

whole web alone

That's already been done, you are only making ONE site.

However;
How long to create a real estate website/crm

Minutes to hours depending on what you decide to use as the base CMS.

How long to create a real estate website/crm

Years! Because you will NOT envisage ALL of the problems AND the 'client' WILL ALWAYS want it to do a bit more than it did last year/last month/last week/yesterday. (aka 'feature creep').

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

That's going to depend on your speed, and ability. While an experienced programmer may be able to knock out a full cms in a couple of months, you may take longer.

The first thing to determine how long its going to take is to get the requirements and reach of the website. What does it need to do, how involved is it to do it. How much will need to be custom coded, and how much can be taken from a pre-built cms, etc...

You'll need to understand what the requirements are, and how long it would take you to get them up and running. We cannot tell you a precise amount of time since it will vary based on all those things above.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
OS-ception: Running Linux on a Virtual Machine in Windows which itself is running in a Virtual Machine on Mac OSx.

Web & Tech

Sorry man but this is one funny question ...

It sounds like you are in over your head. You have, for some odd reason, gotten a job as an MIS guy and yet, you have no clue. This is what happens when companies hire one to supervise others where one knows nothing about what others are doing and yet, one gets the credit for what others do and moves on to higher pay jobs based on others accomplishments till one has to face his own daemons.

Word of advise: step down!

Frankly, no respect from me, no even a bit.

This very much explains your other posts ... How long before your employer catches wind of your secret and fires you in a very humiliating way!?!

OK, you want to get away with it - Stop asking questions and hit the books, start writing code, hack a few sites, buy a few templates and take it from there ... not matter which way you slice it, you deserve the pickle you gotten yourself into.

Am I the only one that sees the "fraud" in this or what?

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

southbeach said:
How long before your employer catches wind of your secret and fires you in a very humiliating way!?!

Given that this thread is almost six months old and the OP hasn't bothered responding at all, the 'boss' probably already has.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back