Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how long are the courses for ccna at an Acadamy? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivefm

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
GB
Could some one put me in touch with a trainer at a cisco acadamy? to give me more information. preferably in the UK
any advice is welcome
thanks

The CCNA academy is 1 year (when I completed it in June) however the same academy I went through have now been advised to do the course over 2 years - i think this is pretty much the sam for most academies - a list of the Cisco academys can be found at

hope that helps

I took my CCNA about 6 months ago in a Local Cisco Academy.
It was 7 months long... the course length depends in how much hours per week u attend the class's... 7 months gives like 3 or 4 hours per day, 5 days per week.

/Tron

What did you pay for the courses?

I paid roughly $400 per class. I reccomened getting weekned classes so you can read the chapter during the week and get 5-6 hour of hands on staight. I found that eaiser to understand. But I seem to have retained more when it was spaced out over the week.

Good luck.

hi

!!!!!!!!!!
WTF sorry to swear but, i thought CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) was a 1 month Course of 1 paper and CCNP (Cisco Certified Network professional) was a 6-7 month course having 6 papers

!!!!!!!!!! im saying this becuz i was gonna start my Cisco Course tommorow!?!!? (doing CCNA)

You can do the CCNA in less time but these are generally through Bootcamps - Eternal nightmare are you doing the course full time?

Also I paid £1200 for the full year or £300 per semester (4 semesters)

Just enrolled on the CCNP (unfortunately over two years but at least you learn something in more detail)

hi silks101
yes im doing CCNA at an institute
its a one month course 5 days a week
2 hours a day
13 chapters from the official CISCO book

paying like 350$ or 172£

Hi,

I did the CCNA over 6 months.

4 subjects.
2 nights per week
3 hours per night
5 weeks per subject