Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How? Load external .wav into popup .swf

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjstone323

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
Hi all! Long time no see...

Here's what I'd like to do. I'm building a site that includes lots of .wav files. I created individual .fla's with preloaders for each of the .wav files, with the .wav files embedded, which will "pop up" when a button on another .swf is clicked, but when I publish these, tho' they work, the .wavs' sound is really awful and tinny.

I realize I won't cut down on the load time, but is there any way to load the .wavs from a database into the popup .swf, maybe during its preload? (preload isn't absolutely necessary but if I can keep them it's nice for the visitor.) Seems like there should be... maybe similar to what happens with popup window pics... And does anyone know if the sound improves? Old? Wangbar? Dave? Anyone?
Thanks once again for your help!
Marianne

loading the file adifferent way will still yield the same result. You probably need to use an audio editor and remix the files, master them out as mp3 and that should help the sound clarity. remember wav=bad mp3=good Visual1
("The only difference between me and a madman, is that I am not mad") Dali

Thanks - I'll try that! (And thanks for the giggle. :-D )
Marianne

Okay - I figured it out - it's always something simple -
I didn't set the "publish" settings correctly! [blush] I only set one of them, "streaming"... and my music is currently an "event"...
BTW - I did set the output setting to "MP3" so it doesn't matter what goes in - it all comes out the same way...
Thanks for your help!
Marianne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back