Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How let user write on report ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warning99

Programmer
Nov 5, 2007
SA
Hi,,,

For example I have report contain employee number, employee name and employee department. After that I put employee number as parameter. After that I want add new field called notes. I want user when insert employee number insert also his notes about this employee in same parameter box. And the Report show the notes in notes field.

My version is 8.5

You could add another parameter called notes, but what would this accomplish? This will not write to any database so if the user runs the same report a day, week or month later, they will have to manually re-enter the notes again.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

yes yes . I want this. Because I will use this report as Form. How can I do this?????????????????

As dgillz said, you can add a parameter and its values will be shown. But it's not what Crystal is for.

Take a look at the Export function. Use the Export icon, the envelope with the downward red arrow. Crystal can make the basics and then export to Word or Excel, which are much more suitable.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

In a similar case, I inserted a blank text field into the Crystal report where I wanted the user to be able to type their Notes, as when Exported to Word it creates an empty text box in the same place, so the user can type their notes here in the Word document.

"Stupid isn't not knowing the answer, it's not asking the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back