Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How install Service TCP/IP Print Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan

MIS
Aug 27, 1998
US
I need to install this Service on a member NT4.0 server but cannot figure out where it is installed from. Thanks for any help in advance ...

Dylan -<br><br>You may already have it installed, but not started.&nbsp;&nbsp;Go to Control Panel --&gt; Services and scroll down.&nbsp;&nbsp;You may see the TCP/IP Printer Server there.&nbsp;&nbsp;If so, start the service.<br><br>If not, right click Network Neighborhood, Go to the Services tab, and you'll find it there.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hit Add.<br><br>Hope this helps ~

TheRipper - <br><br>I tried both options listted and the TCP/IP Print Server service was not listed ???

Dylan,<br><br>You might want to try, right mouse click the Network Neighborhood and on the Services tab, click Add and scroll down and double click Simple TCP/IP Services.<br><br>I hope this helps. Is that the one you need?

Depending on the type of printer you are trying to install (such as HP), installing Jet Admin software gives you all the needed ports to configure TCP/IP printing.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you want to just install Microsoft TCP/IP print services, follow the above steps then when install the print queue you will need to configure the LPR port for TCP/IP printing.

What printer are you trying to install ?<br>HP / Lexmark uses a protocol called DLC. Which you need to install through network /protocols.<br>You assign the printer the IP address / subnet.<br>combine the printer mac address to the dlc printer port.

Actually, what I want to do is spool print files to disk in order to use them as input to an optical disk system.

Hi,<br><br>Befor running jetadmin you have to print the printer configuration try to find on it the physical lan address<br>and than run jet admin than enter the physical address lan<br>if your printer has an ip address automaticaly the port<br>will be set<br><br>think about a DLC protocol too<br><br>good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back