Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW I SUMARIZE A FORMULA FIELD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseprez

Vendor
Sep 7, 2002
PA
I HAVE A FORMULA FIELD IN A GROUP FOOTER AND I CAN'T SUMARIZE, HOW SOLVE THIS?

You can only summarize fields if they are in a details section, then you right click, insert, summary or insert grand total. Even then, there are some restrictions. What are you trying to accomplish? What is your formula? Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

My formula simply multiply a sumarize field for 0.01 if sumarize field greater than 120 and multiply for 0.02 if sumarize field less or equal than 120.

I want totalize this formula field. How I do?

You will need to use variables as follows:

In the group footer:
WhilePrintingRecords;
Numbervar Total:=Total + sum({field},{Group})* if sum({field},{Group})>120 then .01 else .02

In the report footer:
WhilePrintingRecords;
Numbervar Total; Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

When I do this:

WhilePrintingRecords;
Numbervar Total:=Total + sum({field},{Group})* if sum({field},{Group})>120 then .01 else .02

Send me the follow error message after asignation
"A number is requiere here"

Did you replace {field} and {group} with your actual database fields? My post was an example only as I obviously have no knowledge of your database. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

the error message is for the variable Total

Your Sample work's!, I have a Syntax problem and I fixed.

Thank's for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back