Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How I need install FPSQL.FLL for FPW26 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel071954

Programmer
Feb 28, 2000
US
Visit site
I want read Access database (or SQL Server) from FoxPro for Windows 2.6a. I heard I need only FPSQL.FLL. But when I write SET LIBRARY TO FPSQL, FoxPro generate a error file FPSQL.ERR and I thnk don't recognize the FLL. Why?
[sig]<p> <br><a href=mailto:miguel071954@yahoo.com>miguel071954@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Are you sure you don't want to just set up an ODBC data source? You want to read Access or SQL data from VFP? [sig]<p>John Durbin<br><a href=mailto: john@johndurbin.com> john@johndurbin.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>MCP Visual FoxPro<br>
<br>
ICQ #9466492<br>
ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253[/sig]

I need to read Access files from FoxPro 2.6a for Windows (not VFP)

Lenny Miranda

miguel071954@yahoo.com

Have you made sure that the fpsql.fll file exists in the path you are using to set library to? Also, do you have a description of the error?

You will need to use either the 16 bit drivers under win95 and win98 or install the odbc.dll file to use the 32 bit drivers under windows NT/2000/XP. I am not sure that there is a driver for Access greater than 2.0 for 16 bit ODBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back