Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how I do import ALOT of eml's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcanon

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
CO
Hi,

recently I did recover a damaged dbx file but nowI have about 3000 eml's (one per mail). Is there a way to import (send back) to oulook express

thanks in advance

I had same problem. - Hope this helps you:
First make sure the *.dbx files you wish to import are not stored in the current OE store root folder. Also check that the *.dbx files are not marked as read-only. In OE, click File| Import| Messages, select OE5 from the list, then choose either From Identity (for importing from another Identity on the same machine) or From Store root directory. You will then have the option to import all mail folders or only those you select

Thank's for the idea onlymel, but i'm afraid I didn't explain my real problem. I did recover a damaged dbx file using a software tool, but then the software did recover the emails ONE BY ONE in a separate file for each email, so I had about 3000 files with the extension eml. The idea was to recover back to outlook, ALL of them in some way.

I was urged to recover back to outlook the emails so I had to do the job one by one (using a LOT of time).

Now it's fine, but if anyone knows how to do this faster, I will really apreciate that, just in case one dbx become corrupted again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back