Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How I can erase text which I write with DuplicateMovieClip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I write the text with DuplicateMovieClip and when I would like to erase it I can't do this. If I start play on begining of file this text left on screen. You may see this on my site

Hi Cvetko,
as far as I understood you have a problem removing the text loading and you want to go further. This is what you can do (I copied it from the Flash help topics, because I don't have time to write it myself ;-)

Create a short animation loop at the beginning of the movie. For example, you can create a loop that
displays the message "Movie loading...".

Create a frame action with If Frame Is Loaded that jumps out of the animation loop when all the
frames are loaded and continues playing the movie. For example, a 30 frame movie that has a
two-frame animation loop at the beginning would require the following action attached to Frame 1:
If Frame Is Loaded (30)
Go to and play (3)
End If Frame Is Loaded

When you insert an If Frame is Loaded statement, Flash automatically inserts an End If Frame
is Loaded statement at the end.

For Frame 2, attach the following action, which restarts the movie at frame 1:
Go to and play (1)

When the frame specified in the If Frame is Loaded statement is loaded, the movie skips the second
frame and continues playing the movie from the third frame.

I hope this helps.
Silvia Silvia Todorova
Webmaster

Thank's for your answer, but this is not what I need. The text stay on when I restart movie too. I can't remove text and it stay on over all.

Hi Vicko,
look in the timeline of the layer, where your text is. Probably you have a keyframe in the beginning (a black dot) and the layer is grey (not white as usual). Choose in which frame you want the text to hide and click there (in the timeline and on the layer where the text is) and click F6 (Insert keyframe). As you are on this frame click on the text and delete it.
Silvia Silvia Todorova
Webmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back