Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How i can backup Oracle DB with Legato 7.4 sp3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LioriK

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2008
IL
Hi All,

I need to backup Oracle DB and MAXDB with Legato networker 7.4 sp3, can you please explain me how to do this?

Thanks, Lior.

Without a DB module there is just one solution - shutdown the DB and run a file backup.

i have installed the Oracle module.
what will be the next step?

Thanks, Lior.

Do you expect a personalized RMAN script? This of course depends on your configuration.

Actually you can use the client configuration wizard to interactively define a client resource . You start at the Configuration menu: select Configuration Wizard

Of course, you will find general procedures in the appropriate manuals.

Hi,

Can you please send me the link to the manuals?
I've tried to search it in google without success.

Thanks, Lior.

You get them from EMC's Powerlink page:
powerlink.emc.com

Then go to
Support
Technical Documentation and Advisories
Software
NetWorker

Where i can find client configuration wizard?
How can i backup MAXDB?

Thanks, Lior.

Please read my second answer. However, for MAXDB there is no NW module - you must shutdown the database and backup the files.

I saw your answer before, but i don't have the RMAN scripts, and i can't see the configuration wizard as you said before.

Hello,

regarding MAXDB, formerly known as SAP DB:
I suppose you are an SAP customer. In this case you may start with their online documentation, e.g. SAP notes 822240 (FAQ: MAXDB and external backup tools) and 338903 (Backint for MAXDB).
SAP note 767598 will tell you where you may find more about it, depending on your MAXDB version.

hope this helps

The configuration wizard is something that you start within the NMC/NetWorker Administration console.

Of course, to make the Oracle type appear, you must have installed the latest NMO version on the database client which you said you have.

Where i can find RMAN scripts for legato networker?

Thanks, Lior.

Liorik,

guess you won't find preconfigured scripts that will work out of the box matching your environment and needs.

Just refer to the NMO admin guide and you will find a lot about RMAN in the Oracle Documentation or in Orcle's Metalink.

Cheers Till

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back