Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how I can access uefa.com 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPopescu

Technical User
Dec 25, 2004
CA
I am living in Canada
when I am trying to access uefa.com I cann't.
I have to input the ip address 213.130.44.134
from there I want to access video section. if I click on the link I have "this page cannot be displayed)
if I enter the IP address of video.uefa.com - 81.93.176.11 I have this message You were denied access because:
Access denied by access control list.
I have a user name and password bought from them for that page (also over there is a free area) but if the addresses don't work and only IP adresses what should I do?
Can anybody please help me?
Thanks

Though far from the ideal solution. you could always hard-code your ethernet adapter.

I am kind of novice into this How to hard code the dns server?
thanks

How did you get the DNS server nsc1.cv.gv.shawcable.net (64.59.160.13) into your current IP configuration?

Local Area Conection properties- Tcp-ip properties I selected use the following DNS server address

That is where you hard-code your IP and DNS, so you are not so much a novice :)

Since the DNS is now hard-coded, it should not change once the DHCP lease is renewed. If you want to test it now, from a command propmt enter ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew then ipconfig /all

Note: You will lose network connectivity after the /release and not regain it until after the /renew

Glad you got it working although it would be interesting to know why it's so hard to connect from Calgary. I'm with Freestone. I think the problem is on the Shaw end.

Cheers.

I agree with Freestone also, and I think he deserves a star as well for his time and effort here.

DNS for the win!

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy"
Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back