Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how hide FALSE? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffey

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
CA
I would like to hide cells where the formula displays "FALSE".
Turning the text white would be sufficent but I can't get it to work with conditional formatting.

Hi,

Explain what you did in Conditional Formatting. That should work.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

I tried using ISERROR but FALSE isn't really an error so that didn't help. I supect there is a way to make a formula read FALSE as text but I don't know how to do that.
I really just want to supress FALSE from displaying.

The actual formula I'm using is
=IF(D8>0,IF($E$4>0,(D8-AB8)/$E$4,ABS(AH8)))

D8 = quota
$E$4 = # days left in the month
AB8= mtd commissions
AH*= +/- quota
So what is really says is, if you have a quota and there are still days left in the month, subtract your current commissions from your quota and divide that by the # of days left in the month to get your target for today. On the last day of the month the # of days left = 0 so instead of dividing by 0 I used the IF statement to just give me the current total of whatever they are ahead or behind. The FALSE is resulting from people who have no quota assigned to them.

Conditional format:
[cell value] is [equal to] False

or, in your formula

=IF(D8>0,IF($E$4>0,(D8-AB8)/$E$4,ABS(AH8)),"")

Gavin

Thanks Gavin! I had actually tried that in my formula but I had ended it with one of the brackets in the wrong place....ABS(AH8),""))....doh

Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back