Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How hard Is 1z0-007 sql exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzynj

Programmer
Jan 15, 2003
US
A question for anyone who has actually taken the exam.......

I have done the 3 60 question tests in the back of Jason Couchmans book without too much problem (85% grade or higher on each one).

But, I have only been able to score about 55% to 60% on the Kaplan selfhelptest timed 60 question test. Some of the selfhelptest questions are incredibly hard, tricky & confusing. It also seems that each one has usually 6 choices as opposed to 4 on Couchmans tests.

My question is ........ Is the real exam more like the Couchman Tests or more like the Kaplan Selfhelptests. I want to take the test already but only if I think I have a good chance of passing it. I dont have unlimited time to devote to learning all these ridiculously obscure methods of writing wacko subqueries that no one in the real business world would use anyway.

What do you OCA Gurus think?

Thanks,

Lindsay

Hi,

If you have good experience in Oracle, then I would say it is not hard one, otherwise you can expect some tricky questions. Also this exam is available Online.

in general the practice exams that come with the books and the books themselves are not quite up to the exam standard. In fact in all cases i find that they do not preper you for the exam to the full extent. They are somewat easier.

I recommend purchasing the practice exams, as they are by far more like the real exam. I know it is a burded to purchase they, however they are a great benefit.

In my experience i would say they are actually harder than the real exam (only slightly).

Sy
9iOCP

Thanks Scunningham.

YES .... I agree with you to definitely use the selfhelp tests or you may be sorry. I used the Kaplan selfhelp tests. Without them I would have failed.

I can answer the question (that I originally posed mid January) myself now with some authority. Since that time I have taken 1Z0-007 SQL exam as well as the 1Z0-031 Fundamentals 1 exam. Fortunately I passed both.

I agree with you about the 1Z0-007 being easier than the selfhelp exam but I have to say that I thought the 1Z0-031 was more difficult than selfhelp exam. By the time I was ready to take the 1Z0-031 I was getting at least a 90% on the selfhelp exams. I was fortunate to eek out a 77% on the real test.

Lindsay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back