Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does one print from Oracle Forms in a web environment? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

d2kpro

Programmer
May 13, 2003
US
Hi,

I am currently trying to get our Oracle forms application to print to a receipt printer attached to LPT1 within a web environment. I've succeeded in client server by using TEXT_IO and opening a file handle to LPT1 and writing directly to the LPT port.

Now, with our application running in a web browser, this type of approach won't work. I've downloaded ORARRP from Metalink, but it's not very descriptive in all that I need. I'm not sure if I need to create an Oracle Report and let ORARRP print the file from Oracle Reports, or if I can create a file using TEXT_IO with the .rrpt extention and then print it off the web server. If I can do the latter, what call do I make to "print the file"?

Any help would be appreciated. I can also post the code I have that prints out the receipt in client/server if that would be of any help.

Thanks,

Joey

Hi,

Perhaps you will need to write a wrapper class to be included in the Bean Area. And in your wrapper class, you can use [Red]Java Comm API[/Red] from This extension package provides low level control over COMM & LPT. The binary distribution file for WIN32 should be javacomm20-win32.zip.

From here, your applet can have direct control of your LPTs and you can write whatever you want from your form to the port. See if it suits your needs.

TIA,
Kevin

You may use both approaches. As all pl/sql code is executed on server side, you may use text_io, though toy may hit security restrictions. Using Reports may be more flexible, though needs it to be installed and configured at least.

Regards, Dima

Hi d2kpro,
I encountered the same problem as you 6 months ago. I was in trouble in printing receipt report in htmlcss format.
I deside to create a print to take the place of ORARRP.

So I did.

The print tool work with IE and monitor IE and print report automatically and quickly! It can also convert html to excel.

If you always print receipt report , I think you should try it.

please visit to learn more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back