Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does Administrator setup users for access through browers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerine

Technical User
Oct 13, 2001
CA
I have over 100 users and I need to find a way to setup the users from the Administrator account to give them access to the internet. Each time I setup a user I have to enable the proxy settings in the browser. There must be a easier way to do this. Is there?

Proxy settings for the browser can be contained within the users profile. If you are using profiles which have been stored on the server, this just means modifying them centrally. However, if you are not using profiles, it will mean using a registry checker to identify what registry keys are being set and then apply them to each of the PC's. This can be done over the network with a little bit of batch code.

Hope this points you in the right direction

PeteH2

If you are not using group policies, one method is to install the local group policy snap in on the W2k workstation and configure the proxy settings there which will bet default to all users (use mmc install snap in group policy yes to apply to local machine, go to user settings Internet Explorer Proxy of Connection settings and enter the correct settings, )

Hope this helps

AVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back