Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how does a comled works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatality

Programmer
Sep 19, 2002
NL
my comled won't blink!
how can i get it to blink?
i'm new at delhi and my english is bad

Eddy

What is a comled ?

I have searched the Delphi 7 Help, Torry's and even Google but have not found comled.

I'm using Delphi 5
and in the main screen i have a tab called "CPortLib"
there I have a ComPort and a ComLed!

First I thought the Led will automaticly blink/light up, but it doesn't do anything. =(

Can someone please tell me how it works!!!

Thanks
Eddy

probably you are using something a plugin-component for delphi to access comports

try to insert both comport and comled.
somewhere the comled must have a property pointing were to read status from, probably this must be the comport component.

isn't there any documentation with this component?

I use CPortLib.
Is a component set that allows you to access the serial ports.
It's isnt directly connected to Internet/modem access (not without quite a bit of work anyway!!)
The Commled should be linked to a comport component with its comport property, then select the colour with kind. Use LEDSignal property to select when you want it to flash e.g select the action you want eg IsRx, IsTx.

If CPort Lib is installed correctly there should be on line help for all the componets and properties (Hover the corsor and press F1).

Steve.

Hey Steve,

how do i link the ComLed to the comport?

There is some designtime properties you should set to bind them (ComPort -> ComLed) together.... And of course get/send some data to the Com port...

//Nordlund

Assuming you have a Commport component on your form and a CommLED.
Hover the cursor over the CommLed and hit F11 to bring up the object inspector, in the Object inspector there should be a Commport property with a drop down list.
Any Comports on your form will be listed (there shuld be only one) click this and the LED is now linked to the Port Driver.
You can link several LED's to one driver (Commport)
Of course you must also set the Comport's properties to attach it to a physical commport (COM1, COM2 etc). and set the Baudrate, Stop Start bits etc (etc).
This should be done in your program as you never know which port will be avalible.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back