Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do you workout link capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dluvofit

MIS
May 5, 2005
GB
hi i wanna check the link capacity for broadband ISP, does anyone know the formula using ping???

I got a wireless network and i keep getting drops in performance.. please help

Also look at your environment. Are you using ant 2.4ghz phones that may impact your 2.4ghz wireless network. These have been known to cause problems.

ok iknow my mtu isset to max as can ping 1472 no problem. And please help, what do you mean by ant 2.4ghz phones??

Cordless phones......most newer phones operate on 2.4ghz frequency...same as most wireless networks. If base or phone get to close to wireless device it will affect it. Best to get 5.8ghz or 900mhz phones.

Microwave ovens can also create radio interference for your wireless network. If you are seeing fluctuating service levels on your wireless access points, consider having a consultant come in and do a radio frequency map of your facility to help you identify potential problem areas/devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back